The government has imposed a number of restrictions due to the fast growing corona virus cases in Maharashtra. Night curfew has been increased to 11 hours. There will be night curfew from 8 am to 7 am and the weekend lockdown has also been announced. During this time only essential services will be allowed. Food and parcel services are allowed from the restaurant. All the employees have been asked to work from home and as per the Maharashtra Weekend Lockdown Rules 2021 Malls, hotels, bars and theaters will remain closed. These restrictions will remain in force till 30 April. Prohibitory orders under Section 144 will be imposed on all days of the week. Work on construction sites will only work if they have facilities for workers to stay. The minister said that theaters, drama theaters will remain closed, shooting of films and television may continue in the event of no congestion. Parks and sports venues will remain closed.
- 1 Maharashtra Weekend Lockdown Rules 2021
- 1.1 Maharashtra Weekend Corona Lockdown 2021 Highlights
- 1.2 List of Services Exempted from Lockdown
- 1.3 List of Services will remain closed
- 1.4 Maharashtra Saturday Sunday Night Curfew Guidelines Latest News
- 1.5 Maharashtra Covid 19 Lockdown Latest Updates District Wise
- 1.6 Maharashtra Weekend Lockdown Rules 2021 FAQ
Maharashtra Weekend Lockdown Rules 2021
The condition of the second wave of uncontrolled corona virus in Maharashtra is very worrisome. Beds and ventilators have become less in state hospitals. At the same time, there has been a huge shortage of Remedesivir medicine and oxygen. In view of the rising havoc of Corona virus in Maharashtra, the government has imposed a mini lockdown. Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has announced a 15-day statewide corona curfew (mini lockdown) to overcome the corona. During this period, there will be a restriction on everything except essential services. Maharashtra government has not imposed a complete lockdown, but Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has announced several strict restrictions for the next 15 days and section 144 will remain in force till 7 am in May. The Chief Minister has appealed to the people to step out of the house only when necessary.Following services are permittable in curfew as per Maharashtra Corona Curfew Guidelines 2021
- Food can be ordered from the restaurant, home delivery can be done from 7 am
- Public transport will not be closed (only people connected with essential services will be able to travel)
- People will be able to get out of the house only when necessary work is done
- Home delivery of newspapers and magazines
- No restriction on media persons
- Only offices connected with essential services will be able to remain open
Maharashtra Weekend Corona Lockdown 2021 Highlights
|Corona Lockdown Announced by||Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray|
|Objective||To contain the Corona in state|
List of Services Exempted from Lockdown
- Medical Shops
- Grocery Shops
- Petrol pump
- E commerce
- Vegetable Shops
- Postal services
- Shops connected with essential services will remain open
List of Services will remain closed
- Cinema hall
- Water park
- Club, gym,
- swimming pool
- Film shooting
- Shopping Mall
- Beach, Garden
- religious place
- Barber Shop
- school College
- Sports complex
- No religious, social, cultural or political work allowed
Maharashtra Saturday Sunday Night Curfew Guidelines Latest News
Theaters, auditoriums, amusement parks, gyms, sports complexes will be closed in Maharashtra. Shooting of films and serials has been banned. All other shops and malls will remain closed except for essential services. All the places of worship, schools, colleges and private coaching centers, salons, spas and beauty parlors will also remain closed till 7 am on May 1. All religious, social, cultural and political events will be banned.Other offices except the essential services in the state will remain closed. Public transport has not been closed, but only people engaged in essential services will be able to use local trains and buses.
As per the Latest Guidelines of Maharashtra Corona Curfew E-commerce services (delivery of essential commodities), petrol pumps and financial institutions associated with SEBI will remain open. ATMs will remain open and banks will continue to operate.Construction works can also be done. However, construction companies have been asked to make arrangements for the workers to stay on site. Hotels and restaurants are allowed take-away and home delivery only.Section 144 has come into force in Maharashtra and there is a ban on gathering of crowds anywhere during this period. This means 5 or more people cannot stand in public places simultaneously in the state.
- Section 144 has been imposed in Maharashtra. For the next 15 days, there is complete ban on needless roaming in the entire state. Any person will have to leave the house only when necessary work is there.
- At the same time, five or more people traveling together are also banned. There is also a ban on unmasking in public places. However, the government has kept essential services running.
- Hospitals, medical stores, corona vaccination, production of oxygen, all banks and financial services, Reserve Bank of India and related offices will remain open.
- Everything will be closed in the state except the essential services. All means of public transport including local, buses will remain open.
- E-commerce and petrol pumps will remain open and banking operations will continue. On the other hand the hotel can do take away and home delivery.
- The construction sites where the workers will be staying will continue to work.
- Insurance offices and pre-monsoon work will continue.
- Those industrial activities will also continue in the state where there is also a facility for employees to come and go.
- Cargo services, data centers, cloud service providers, IT services will be operational in Maharashtra.
- Vegetable, fruit and grocery stores and government, private security service will be operational.
Maharashtra Covid 19 Lockdown Latest Updates District Wise
|Mumbai Muncipal Corporation (MMC)||333569||11504|
|Thane Muncipal Corporation (TMC)||64263||1253|
|Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporations (NMMC)||60898||1148|
|Kalyan Dombivali Muncipal Corporation (KDMC)||68700||1069|
|Ulhasnagar Muncipal Corporation (UMC)||12048||355|
|Bhivandi Nijampur Muncipal Corporation (BNMC)||6997||341|
|Vasai-Virar Muncipal Corporation (VMC)||31982||618|
|Panvel Muncipal Corporation (PMC)||33105||615|
|Thane Division Total||703420||19672|
|Nashik Muncipal Corporation||86284||1087|
|Malegaon Muncipal Corporation||5256||166|
|Ahmednagar Muncipal Corporation||27592||415|
|Dhule Muncipal Corporation||8526||150|
|Jalgaon Muncipal Corporation||16300||339|
|Nashik Division Total||280841||5170|
|Pune Muncipal Corporation||215022||4591|
|Pimpri-Chinchwad Muncipal Corporation||105383||1336|
|Solapur Muncipal Corporation||14004||626|
|Pune Division Total||508146||11666|
|Kolapur Muncipal Corporation||14992||423|
|Sangli Miraj Kupwad Muncipal Corporation||18224||631|
|Kolapur Division Total||118631||4038|
|Aurangabad Muncipal Corporation||37637||938|
|Parbhani Muncipal Corporation||3931||132|
|Aurangabad Division Total||76098||2014|
|Latur Muncipal Corporation||3880||235|
|Nanded Muncipal Corporation||14708||298|
|Latur Dvision Total||83611||2478|
|Akola Muncipal Corporation||11003||248|
|Amravati Muncipal Corporation||27306||307|
|Nagpur Muncipal Corporation||139076||2742|
|Chandrapur Muncipal Corporation||9592||165|
|Nagpur Division Total||212423||4718|
Maharashtra Weekend Lockdown Rules 2021 FAQ
Any establishment selling essential commodities can be open between 7 am and 8 pm, they have to strictly follow the Covid protocol. If it is selling many such items, of which they do not fall under the essential items, then that establishment will remain closed.
All activities classified under Essential Services may remain open. No person can roam without a valid reason.
No repair shops of electrical household appliances such as AC, coolers, fridges etc. will have to be remain closed.
The condition of Maharashtra is getting worse day by day due to the Coronavirus. Daily intimidating figures are coming out and in order to reduce the uncontrollable pace of infection, strict curfew was implemented in the state will remain in effect till 7 am on May 1.