JoSAA which can be abbreviated as Joint Seat Allocation Authority is the counselling procedure to allot seats to selected candidates in JEE Examination. So finally JoSAA 2nd Round Seat Allotment Result 2020 is now released on 21st October 2020. Students who have studies hard and cleared the JEE Main Examination, it’s time to reap fruits for your hard work. With JoSAA counselling, authorities will allot seats to selected students in IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFITs and other reputed Engineering Institutes in our county.

JoSAA 2nd Round Seat Allotment Result 2020

Candidates who have appeared in JEE Mains and JEE Advanced examination & were waiting to get admission in top notch engineering colleges will be able to finally check their JoSAA 2nd Round Counselling Result from the official web portal. Students will have to use their JEE Credentials such as Application Number and Password to check their allotment results. Every year more than 10 lakh students participate in the JEE Exam to make their dreams come true. I have also appeared in the JEE Examination I know how hard it is to crack this exam let alone be in the top scorers.

So without further due, Let’s talk about the JoSAA 2020 Counselling procedure. This year, authorities have made some changes in the counselling procedure. This admission process will be completed in 6 rounds instead of the usual 7 rounds. This decision was made to make up for the time lost due to ongoing pandemic. The process is quite simple, students can either freeze their allotted seat or they can float or slide it. JoSAA Second Round Counselling Allotment Result will be made available for selected students on the official website.

JoSAA 2020 Counselling & Seat Allotment Overview

Name of CounsellingJoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority)
Name of ExaminationJEE Mains & JEE Advanced 2020
Exam LevelNational Level
Institutes Accepting Admission through JoSAA 2020IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFITs and other Top Engineering Institues
CategoryJoSAA 1st Round Allotment Results
Allotment Result Date22nd October 2020 (Released)
No of Rounds in JoSAA Counselling6 Rounds
Official Websitehttps://josaa.nic.in/

JoSAA Counselling Seat Allotment 2020

Students who going to take part in this counselling procedure are notified that to participate in JoSAA Counselling, they have to register for JoSAA 2020, it is mandatory that qualified candidates registered themselves for the counselling before last date.

The seat allotment will be based on the various factors such as availability of seats, preference order, and rank of student. JoSAA Second Round Seat Allotment Result 2020 will be declare online and students can get their hands on it through official website. The qualified students who got allotted a seat in the counselling process can complete the other admission formalities online. In the previous years, students had to complete their admission by going to the Institute.

Note:- If you have any kind of doubts or queries related to your JoSAA 1st Round Seat Allotment, you can write them in the comments section given below. Our expert team will help you out ASAP.

JoSAA 2020 Important Dates

JoSAA 2020 Important EventsEvent Date
Round 1 Seat Allotment17 October 2020
Round 1 Online Reporting/ Documents Upload/ Fee Payment/ Response by Selected Student for 1st Round17 October to 19 October 2020
Last Date to Submit your Response for Round 120 October 2020
Round 2 Seat Allotment21 October 2020
Round 2 Online Reporting/ Documents Upload/ Fee Payment/ Response by Selected Student for 2nd Round22 October to 23 October 2020
Last Date to Submit your Response for Round 224 October 2020
Withdrawal of Seat from Allocation Process (2nd Round)22 October to 24 October 2020
Round 3 Seat Allotment26 October 2020
Round 3 Online Reporting/ Documents Upload/ Fee Payment/ Response by Selected Student for 3rd Round27 October to 28 October 2020
Last Date to Submit your Response for Round 329 October 2020
Withdrawal of Seat from Allocation Process (3rd Round)27 October to 29 October 2020
Round 4 Seat Allocation30 October 2020
Round 4 Online Reporting/ Documents Upload/ Fee Payment/ Response by Selected Student for 4th Round31 October to 1 November 2020
Last Date to Submit your Response for Round 42 November 2020
Withdrawal of Seat from Allocation Process (4th Round)31 October to 2 November 2020
Round 5 Seat Allocation3 November 2020
Round 5 Online Reporting/ Documents Upload/ Fee Payment/ Response by Selected Student for 5th Round
(Last Round for Seat Withdrawal)
4 November to 5 November 2020
Last Date to Submit your Response for Round 56 November 2020
Withdrawal of Seat from Allocation Process (5th Round)4 November to 6 November 2020
Round 6 Seat Allocation (Final Round for IITs)7 November 2020
Round 6 Online Reporting/ Documents Upload/ Fee Payment/ Response by Selected Student (If Required) for 6th Round
(For IITs Only: Reporting may also be done at the time of Admitting to IITs)
8 November 2020
Last Date to Submit your Response for Round 6 (Final Round for IITs)9 November 2020

What is the JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment Process?

The first thing selected students need to do is register themselves for JoSAA 2020 Counselling process. Students will have to register themselves on the official web portal and then fill their choices according to their desired program in preference order. Below we have provided some crucial steps involved in the JEE Counselling 2020 for Mains & Advanced.

Online Registration:- First of all, Qualified student need to register online at josaa.nic.in and then they should recheck some important information such as State Code, Gender, Contact Details, Nationality & Eligibility.

Choice Filling:- In the next step, Students can Log in using their JEE Application Number and Password to fill their choices according to preference.

Result of Seat Allocation:- After filling of choices, authorities are gonna declare the JoSAA Seat Allotment Results on the official website.

Payment of Fee:- After checking the seat allocation result, students should download their provisional seat allocation letter along with an E-Challan for remittence of seat acceptance fee.

JoSAA Counselling 2020 Seat Acceptance Fee

If any student got allocated with a seat in JoSAA Counselling, they will have to pay the JoSAA 2020 Seat Acceptance Fee which is mentioned in the table given below. If any students failed to report to the centre after remitting acceptance fee, then this fee will be refunded with a deduction of Rs 1500. These students who have rejected their seat will not be allowed to participate in the further rounds of counselling process. Check the seat acceptance fee below:-

Category NameJoSAA Seat Acceptance Fee
SC, ST, GEN-PwD
GENEWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD or ST-PwD
Rs 15000
Other StudentsRs 35000

JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment: What is Freeze, Float & Slide Option

Students participating in counselling of JoSAA 2020 are commonly confused with these terms. The thing is that selected students can either Freeze, Float and Slide their allocated seat. We have explained all these terms below. Read this carefully:-

Freeze Option:- Students who accept their allotted seat need to go for Freeze option. This means they have chose their allocated seat and cannot participate in the further rounds of counselling.

Float Option:- If a student is not happy with the allotted seat or they are offered a better seat offered by other institute, then they can accept it or they can continue their participation in further rounds of the counselling procedure.

Slide Option:- This option means if a student is offered a better seat in the same institute, then they will accept it.

Documents Required for JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment

Students who have participated in this seat allotment procedure and have accepted their JoSAA 2nd Round Seat Allotment Result 2020 will have to report to their respective reporting centre for final process of admission. This is where document verification comes in. Students will have to report for their document verification as per the schedule announced by authorities. We have provided below with a list of documents which are required at the time of verification:-

• Provisional Seat Allotment Letter (Which can be downloaded from official website after the allotment result is announced)
  • Undertaking by Selected Student
  • Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment by E-Challan by SBI, Debit Card issued only by SBI, Netbanking of State Bank of India (SBI)
  • JEE Mains/ JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card
  • JEE Main/ JEE Advanced 2020 Score Card
  • 10th Class Marksheet/ 12th Class Marksheet for proof of Date of Birth
  • Passed Certificate (If Available)
  • Medical Certificate
  • Category Certificate (If Applicable)
  • PwD Certificate (If Applicable) (Students should keep in mind that certificate will be rejected if the disability is less than 40%)
  • OCI Certificate or PIO Certificate (If Applicable)
  • Passports of Parents and Students (For Foreign Nationals)
  • Registration cum Locked Choices for seat allocation.
JoSAA 2nd Seat Allotment 2020Check Here
JoSAA 1st Round Seat Allotment Result 2020Check Here
Official Websitehttps://josaa.nic.in/

How to Check JoSAA 2nd Round Seat Allotment Result 2020

The procedure to check the seat allotment result for JoSAA is very simple. Just follow the step by step procedure given below to easily check your result.

1. First of All, Visit official Web Portal for JoSAA 2020 i.e. josaa.nic.in

2. Login Using your JEE Credentials such as JEE Application Number and Password.

3. Look up for a link that says “JoSAA 2nd Round Allotment Results” and then just click on it.

4. Your allotment result will appear on your screen in a new tab. Download your Provisional Seat Allotment letter in pdf format file.

5. Students should also take a print out of Seat Allotment Letter for any future reference.

JoSAA 2020 Allotment Results: FAQs

Can I get admission in NIT college with 95 Percentile?

Yes, You can easily get admission in NIT Suratkal with 95 Percentile.

In Which IIT can I get admission with rank 5000

For the Rank Upto 500, A Student get admission in following IITs for top branches:-
Mechanical Engineering in IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur and IIT Roorkee
Electrical Engineering in IIT BHU, IIT Roorkee and IIT Hyderabad
Computer Science & Engineering in IIT Ropar, IIT BHU & IIT Hyderabad

If a Student has chosen Slider option after JoSAA Seat Allotment Result 2020, will he/she have to pay seat acceptance fee again?

No, Students will have to remit the seat acceptance fee only once.

186 thoughts on “JoSAA 2nd Round Seat Allotment Result 2020 josaa.nic.in Counselling & Allocation”

1. My AIR in jee mains is 23k
    and my OBC rank is 5.5k
    am for tamilnadu.
    do i have chane for nit tiruchy?
    if not what else better college will i get

2. Should we pay seat acceptance fee and upload required documents in round 1..if we choose float option ..?
    Please reply
    Thanks and regards..!

3. Sir,I got nit warangal ,chemical engineering in round 1 today .I belong to telangana,&Im st female candidate.I’ve chosen slide option.Should I hav to pay tuition fee?
    And upload documents…Is it necessary now to pay fee and upload documents?

4. Is there an option to opt for a college lower than the on we got in round one? And how many chances are there to shift from hamirpur Electrical to any CSE??

5. If I select float option in round 1 and if i wont get a satisfactory seat in upcoming rounds and if i select float option for upcoming round until and even though if i dint get a satisfactory seat will i get my round 1 seat

6. If I choose float option in round 1 of josaa counselling do I pay seat acceptance fee & upload documents now or later( before round 5) ? Awaiting yours

7. For payment option , if I want to make payment through debit card of ICICI Bank, then ,weather it will be accepted or only SBI debit card is valid for payment.

8. Sir I have ews certificate one year old. My updated ews certificate is in pending process and I will get it on Tuesday and last day for verification is Monday. How this criteria can be solved.

• Submit current ews certificate it’s show you are not defaulter & when u have to visit College u can show ur updated certificate

9. If i pay first round allotmenent fees and i get another college in 2nd or 3rd round from my higher phreference .. Is my 1st round seat cancelled??

• Yes , this seat will be allot to someone else who deserve it & your submitted amnt is transfer to the college which u freeze /which u get in the last round

10. If I pay the acceptance fee in float option after first round and if I don’t like the second allotment option then can I select the first option.

• Just wait and submit your complaint with screenshot to josaa help desk with
      1)Your roll number
      2)Alloted institute name
      3)Alloted branch

11. I got 12704 under gen-ews rank.And I have filled many choice fillings according to my rank.
    But I have got no seat in the first round of seat allocation.
    Can I know what is the actual problem with me

12. please reply i get a seat in my first round of counselling what if i select float option then in my further round if i get a seat but if dont know that seat so can i get my pervious seat or not …?? plx help me

• First of all your ques is quite to hard to understand , but as i am able to recognize your query , you want to know that if u select float then u will get ur previous seat or not
      Ans is
      1)You have your seat in hand untill unless u will not get other seat
      2) If u get other seat then you are not able to get your previous one again

13. I have been alloted a seat in round 1 . I’ve choosed float option .Now is it necessary to upload all the documents and pay the fee.Can I go to round 2 without uploading documents and paying fees?

14. in first round i got a seat and i choose freeze,my online verification is done,now what should i do,do i have to go to the centre for admission process

15. Won’t we be notified by josaa officially, that which round we belong to.?
    If so where to check them.? So, far i’hv not seen one such in josaa official website…

16. I completed all steps
    But I didn’t got the slip after fee payment due to technical error .
    Money has been deduced from bank account and it’s showing completed on home page
    What should I do?

17. If I have opted for a Float option in 1st round and I am not alloted any another improved seat in next 2/3/4/5 rounds what is the process to ratain my ealier seat which I have accepted through Float option When I want to exit from further rounds .

18. While applying JEE mains I kept general ews but now iam not getting ews certificate .In josaa counseling process at the time of uploading my documents they are asking ews certificate there is no cancelling option what should I do

19. Hello,
    I have uploaded my domicile certificate in eligibility proof of state instead of 12th mark sheet.
    What should i do now?

20. I got a query regarding medical certificate but later that query has disappeared . How can I know status of my verification process?

21. I have uploaded my 2019 obc ncl certificate. Due to election the new one couldn’t be made. They won’t declare it invalid right? I can submit the latest copy at admission time in person …

22. I dont have my obc certificat i will get it in 2-3 days and I got nit allahabad so if I choose freeze option then how much time i get to upload the documents

23. Sir what to do as i have been alloted a seat in category but i dont have my ews category certificate and to participate in further rounds i have to pay fee but option is not coming without uploading documents including ews certicate.
    So what to do as i dont have ews certificate

24. In josaa , my all documents have verified, then it says that kindly download provisional admission letter, but there is no option for download provisional admission letter. Yes, but there is option for seat acceptance letter, is provisional Letter same as seat acceptance letter?? if not then from where I can download it??

• I too got the same message:
      “Dear Candidate,
      Document Verification status: Verified and Seat CONFIRMED. Kindly download the Provisional Admission Letter”.
      But, there is no option or link to download the “Provisional Admission Letter”.
      The only option I see is, “Download Provisional Seat Allotment Letter”.
      May be we should write to JOSAA and check.

25. As i get seat in first round of josaa counselling but it is not of my choice that’s why i float my seat so is it compulsory to upload documents in first round of josaa counselling??

26. Sir i am not satisfied with my 1st seat alotted and i have given float option…should i still do documents verification and seat acceptance fee??

27. Hello ,
    I dont need the college alloted to me in the first round. Do i need to do any thing like uploding certificates to got to round 2?

28. Respected sir,
    My 1st round seat allotement on the basis of general rank, but not as per Gen-EWS rank.
    As I uploaded all documents and ews certificate on jossa site and fees paid as per general after 1st round , as site is not accepting documents before 1st round.
    Can i get seat allotment as per EWS rank.

29. I haven’t got the caste certificate yet. So what should I upload in first round of counselling? Will my seat be cancelled? I am having only freeze option in round one Josaa 2020. Plz reply

30. if we choose the flote option. is it necessary to upload documents and fee payment .
    and also can we chance our choice filling for round 2

31. I have submitted my documents and paid fee on 17th ..after two days..it’s still showing .. documents verification is under process….but for my friends who did that today..their documents are verified…I’m tensed because what if they are not verified by 17:00???

• My documents has also not been verified and any query has also not been raised. Now time is up and login is closed …….did your documents hot verified…???

32. sir if no seat is alloted in first round of josaa counselling then are we required to pay any sort of fee or to upload any document in order to participate in further rounds of counselling… or we would be just simply considered on their own for participation in further rounds

33. I didn’t got any CLG in 1st round, should I wait for 2nd one,I have one another doubt also,they didn’t asked any queries for me like freeze/float/slide, I’m not getting now what to do, I didn’t get any also for logging in to the details of my seat

34. Where could I find the queries asked by the verifying officers raised to me?? Will they mail ot message to me.As the first round site is closed then where could i de the queries

35. Mera bhai kaPWD orginal certificate he but JOSAA format me nehi he. Aaj pata chala ki JOSAA ka format me hona chahiye but aji 5pm ending time he.. hum aji ee JOSAA format PWD certificate nehi nikal pae.. toh ab kiya hoga… sheat Cancelled ho jayega kiya???

36. Sir my caste certificate is of February 2020 and josaa is asking for on or after April and my application is still pending and 20 October is the last day what should I do

37. I failed to upload my documents and was not able to do fee payment in ist round of JoSAA counselling 2020 due to non availability of internet here in Jammu and Kashmir.Its the matter of 1 year hardwork.What can i do now??Please give some solution

38. Sir, I didn’t upload my EWS at the time of documents verification My category is General EWS pwd. Now what will happen I have got nit Srinagar in first round

39. Sir I gave float option in round 1 in josaa counselling should I have to pay seat acceptance fee and upload documents….sir reply plzzz

• Bhai mere saath bhi esa hi hua bhai pls agar koi solution mile to mujhe whatsapp kr dena….hath jodh ke keh ra hu bhai no. 7987070416

40. Sir I get 70 percentile in jee mains and I belongs to general category.I am a girl .Sirl my CRL rank is 338327.Sir may I get admission in any GFTI or IIIT.sir or madam please help me.

41. I have been alloted a seat in the 1st round but i want to opt for floating mode for the next round expecting to get my desired branch. Hence, what should I do kindly suggest. Whether I need to pay seat acceptance fee or should wait for the next round result? Thanks with regards.

42. Hello,
    Sir I got sit in nit of our country.
    So am not able to complete willingness submission and float option..
    So can u please respond

Ht no.200310452636
    Password -Ramu@955

43. Sir Harsha Vardhan ap
    Jee main qualified sir
    Jee main advance not qualified
    Crl 494740
    Sc 37625
    Please reply sir
    Nit or gftl
    Round 1 no seat
    My phone no 9010968155

44. I have chosen the float option in first round of seat allotment. I didnt do any documents verification.Will I be considered for 2 nd round of seat allotment.

45. Sir my jee mains CRL Rank 462100,and my sc rank is 34k and I’m from Andhra Pradesh .Sir could you please tell me which NIT OR IIIT can I get seat.

46. Sir,
    I was failled to fill and lock my choice in 1st round of counselling
    Can i fill my choices in 2nd round of counselling

47. Sir,
    I got 94 percentile and rank 56553
    I completed registration and choice filling on Oct 14 .Then i checked the round 1 seat allotment .Idid not got any seat.sir my doubt is what we have to do if we did not get the seat .we have to register again and again for round 2 ,3.plese give reply sir .

48. Respected sir
    Due to lack of communication I didn’t done online registration for josaa 2020 counselling.can I get a chance to register now please please help me.

49. Of course you have a very good opportunity in getting seat in NIT TRICHY… If u don’t have any issues with any courses u can blindly join in NIT TRICHY

50. My son’s rank was 25k in JEE Main 2020. On opening the josaa site it shows: “You are not eligible for the round2 so no seat id alloted”.
    Can someone please help me with the same? My career is at stake.

51. what is the cut of marks for OBC NCL NIT Trichy for B.Arch for home state opening and closing rank. My percentile is 98.98 for OBC NCL

• bro my problem also the same
      if u got any information regarding this
      plese share the information with me plss here i have another 2 frnds facing same problem plsssssss色

52. Sir, i missed my alloted seat in first round due to improper net connection and due link disfunctioning .but i want that seat or to participate for further what should i do

53. sir i’ve alloted a seat in round 1 and i’ve choosen float option, sow i didn’t upload documents. and nowthis message shown on the jossa 2nd round portal – You are NOT eligible for JoSAA 2020 SEAT ALLOTMENT in Round No. 2. So No seat has been allotted to you in Round 2.

can i get any seat in round 3

• bro my problem also the same
      if u got any information regarding this

54. what is the cut of marks for OBC NCL NIT Trichy for B.Arch for home state opening and closing rank. My Son’s percentile is 98.9877249 for OBC NCL
    want to know opening and closing ranks how many seats are filled

55. If I get 95 or 96 or 97 percentile or between 92 to 94. And I am OBC and my home state is odisha. Can I get admission in NIT ROURKELA. Please tell in what percentile(least) can I get admission in nit Rourkela

56. I DID NOT PAY AMOUNT IN JOSAA 1ST ROUND COUNCELLING
    I GOT 96.86 PERCETILE IN JEE MAIN
    NOW,I AM CHECKING FOR ROUND 2 BUT IT SHOWS THAT I AM NOT ELIGIBLE
    IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY BY PAYING FEE AND GET A CHANCE IN COUNCELLING ROUND 3

57. bro my problem also the same
    if u got any information regarding this
    plese share the information with me plss here i have another 2 frnds facing same problem plsssssss……

58. My son got 97.8 percentile in jee main.He got a seat in first round . But in round 2 We are getting that You are not eligible for round 2 seat allotment so u can’t get any seat in round 2. I can’t pay fee and can’t upload documents. Did I have any chance for round 3. Please reply sirr . Now we are in very bad conditions in economically and physically.. pls any body give me solution for this..