In this article, we are going to discuss the Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) syllabus 2022. Haryana HCS (Haryana Civil Service) syllabus is the most important component of the examination as this will help the applicants to score well. Preparing according to the syllabus will obviously help you to achieve a good score.
Latest News: HPSC Syllabus 2022 for Mains Exam is now available here. Download Official PDF the below and start the exam preparation for better marks…
- 1 HPSC Syllabus 2022 PDF
- 2 hpsc Online Syllabus Download PDF
- 3 Important dates:
- 4 Eligibility Criteria:
- 5 The Haryana PCS Syllabus:
- 6 HPSC HCS 2022 Prelims:
- 7 HPSC HCS 2022 Mains Syllabus
- 8 Admit card Update
- 9 HPSC Exam pattern:
- 10 HPSC Results:
- 11 Selection Process:
- 12 Contact details:
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on HPSC Syllabus
HPSC Syllabus 2022 PDF
HPSC or Haryana PSC is a competitive examination (combined) conducted by the state government of Haryana. Through this examination, they will recruit candidates in various posts such as Deputy Collector, DSP, Jail superintendent, Block development officer, etc. There are quite a huge number of posts available in 2022. The application has been started from the month of June and the examination date will be announced soon. (HPSC Prelims) and mains in January 2022 (HPSC Mains). So, applied candidates should start preparation according to the syllabus. Hence this article will surely help you.
We have enlisted the syllabus for Prelims and Mains in detail. Also, you can find eligibility criteria, exam pattern, result, selection process, important dates, admit card details, etc. You are advised to read the full article carefully so that you can get the entire knowledge about HPSC.
hpsc Online Syllabus Download PDF
Topic is about
HPSC 2022 Exam Syllabus
Haryana Public Service Commission HCS
The State government of Haryana
Once a year
Hindi & English
Prelims + Mains + Interview or Personality test
Have a look at the dates related to HPSC 2022. They are mentioned below.
- Application starting date –June 2022
- Application close date –June 2022
- Admit card release date – October 2022 (Tentative)
- The prelims exam date – October 2022 (Tentative)
- The mains exam date – January 2023 (Tentative)
- Personality test date –June 2023 (Tentative)
- The result release date of Prelims – December 2023 (Tentative)
- The result release date of Mains – April 2023 (Tentative)
- Final result – July 2023 (Tentative)
The required eligibility criteria for HPSC 2022 are as follows –
- Nationality: The applicant should be an Indian.
- Age: To apply for HPSC 2022, the candidates must be aged between 22 years to 42 years. Also, there is some age relaxation such as 5 years for Haryana’s backward class Band A along with ST and SC category, 3 years for unmarried woman candidates, 10 years for Haryana’s PWD and PH candidates and 15 years for PWD and PH candidates who belong from ST and SC category.
- Educational qualifications: Every applicant must be a graduate from any of the recognized universities.
- For the D.S.P post of Haryana, the minimum limit is 21 years and there is 6 years relaxation for the candidates of unreserved category.
- The height for the male candidates should be 170 cm or 5’7” and the chest should be of 33 inches. The height for the female candidates should be of 157.50 cm or 5’2”.
The Haryana PCS Syllabus:
The syllabus of HPSC or Haryana HCS has been published by the Haryana Public Service Commission on their official site www.hpsc.gov.in. The examination will be conducted in three stages – Prelims, Mains and Personality tests. All the stages have different subjects and different syllabus. We have enlisted all of that in the subject-wise manner. Read them thoroughly.
HPSC HCS 2022 Prelims:
Prelims have two papers – General studies and CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test). Each paper is of objective type questions that carry 100 marks. Also, note that the prelims are just a screening test that means the marks obtained in the examination will not be considered in the final list.
- General Studies: It is the first paper of HPSC Prelims. It has the universal syllabus for all civil service exams with just some minor variations. General studies give the locus of preparation, hence it is very important as a subject. The general studies syllabus includes six topics – General Science, Current events (National and International), History of India & Indian national movement, Geography (Indian and World), Culture- Polity- Economy of India, General Mental Ability. They are described below in detail.
- General Science: The basic and pure science is called General Science. It deals with things that happen in our day to day life. It includes subjects like basic chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- Importance of Current Events (National & International): This topic is dealt with current events that are happening nationally and internationally. This will be tested in HPSC Prelims.
- History of India & Indian national movement: Questions related to the history of India in the aspect of Social, political and economical understanding will be asked in HPSC Prelims. Also questions of Indian National Movements like their nature, growth, the Nineteenth century’s upturn and others will also be there.
- Geography (Indian and World): The world and Indian geography is included in the prelims. Questions will be on the social, economical and physical geography of India as well as on Indian agriculture and nature.
- Culture- Politics- Economy of India: This topic deals with the Indian culture, political knowledge of our country (about India Constitution, Panchayati Raj etc.) and Economical development in India.
- General Mental Ability: In this part candidates will be asked about reasoning and analytical abilities. Also languages of Haryana will also be counted as a subject in Prelims.
- CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test): The marks obtained in CSAT are crucial as it will be counted in the Prelims result. It was first introduced in 2016 as a subject ofthe exam. It may appear as a difficult topic for those candidates who are from Humanities backgrounds. CSAT deals with the below-mentioned topics –
- Interpersonal skills (Communication skills are included).
- Reasoning and also analytical ability.
- Skills related to decision making and problem-solving.
- Basic Numeracy of Class-X that includes numbers and their relations, magnitude etc.
- General Mental Ability
- Data interpretation of Class-X that includes data sufficiency, charts, tables etc.
HPSC 2022 PRELIMS Exam Pattern
Paper-I : General Studies
Paper-II : CSAT
Not counted on result
HPSC HCS 2022 Mains Syllabus
The HPSC Mains is the most important part of HCS examination as the marks secured in Mains will decide the candidate’s rank on the final merit list. It has a total of five papers within which there are two optional subjects. Among 20 subjects, a candidate can choose two subjects as optional. The other three papers are of – English (Essay included), Hindi (Essay included) and General studies. Each paper carries 100 marks except Paper- IV & V which carry 150 marks each, means the Mains exam will be of 600 marks. The papers are:
- English & English essay: It is the subject of Paper-I. This paper carries 100 marks. The main objective of including this paper in HPSC Mains is to test the potentiality of reading and expressing English prose comprehensively and accurately in English. The pattern of this topic is as follows –
- English: The English syllabus includes precise writing, Passage comprehension, usage of vocabulary, general grammar, compositions.
- English Essay: A specific topic will be given and candidates need to write an essay on that within the prescribed word limit. On the basis of their writing expression and effectiveness, they will get their credits. All candidates are advised to attach with the topic closely and arrange their ideas beautifully.
- Hindi & Hindi Essay: In Paper-II, Hindi and Hindi essay is the subject. They need to write an essay in Devnagari Script on the given topic. This paper carries 100 marks in total. The syllabus included in Paper-II is as follows.
- Translation of English passages in Hindi (Devnagari).
- Precise writing/ Letter writing.
- Explanation of Hindi prose and poems in Hindi language.
- Idioms composition and corrections.
- Essay writing on a given topic.
- General Studies: It is the Paper-III and it also carries 100 marks. It is that type of subject which can be answered without any specialized study. It is for general awareness studies to build a career in Civil Services. It has two parts that should be attempted within the given time as they both are mandatory. They are discussed below:
- Modern Indian history and Indian culture: The modern history covers the time from the nineteenth-century till now. This includes personalities of freedom fighters, social reform questions, Indian culture questions etc.
- Indian geography: In this part, applicants will be asked about Physical, Social and Economical geography.
- Indian polity: Indian political stuff like the Indian constitution, the political system of India related questions will be asked in this part.
- Present national issue & social relevance: Democracy & Human resource issues, human rights, corruption, ecological preservation, national heritage, adult literacy and such related topics are included in this part.
- India and World: This topic deals with the relationship between India and the World in spheres like Foreign affairs, Internal- external security and so on. Candidates will be asked about their knowledge of this topic.
- The Economy of India: This topic is of economic development of India, foreign trades, WTO, trade issues etc.
- International affairs: In this topic, there will be questions related to the world’s current affairs and also about international institutions.
- Development in Science related fields: This part deals with the development of science and technology, space, telecommunications and also basic computers. Students will be asked on these topics.
- Statistics: These topics include statistical, diagrammatical, graphical problems and such related stuff. Candidates will be tested on these topics.
- Optional Subject-1 & 2: The other two subjects in Mains are needed to be chosen by the candidates themselves from these 20 subjects, as the optional ones. The available subjects are mentioned below.
- Political science & international relations
- Animal husbandry & Veterinary science
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Punjabi literature
- Public administration
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Indian history
HPSC 2022 Mains Exam Pattern
Paper-I(English & Essay)
Paper-II (Hindi & Hindi Essay)
Paper-III (General Studies)
Paper-IV (Optional- 1)
Paper- V (Optional- 2)
The personality test is the last test that will be taken for the HPSC HCS post by the conducting authorities. It is 75 marks. Those candidates who will qualify the prelims and mains by obtaining cut-off marks or more, they will get a call for the personal test or you can say personal interview. The interview will be done in HPSC premises in Panchkula. The candidates will be selected for the personality test in a number of three times more than total vacant posts. Who will qualify this test, will be offered those job posts. There is no specified syllabus for Personality test prescribed by the Haryana PSC authorities. Moreover, the questions will be from the candidate’s DAF (Detailed Application Form) and current affairs majorly.
Admit card Update
The admit card of the exam will be released before every stage of examination. Admit card release date is not yet disclosed by the authorities. It will be issued on their official website from where successfully applied candidates will be able to download. To download the admit card, the candidate’s login credentials will be required. As the admit card is the most important document to be carried on the exam day, candidates are advised to download it way before the last day of issue. They can follow the below-mentioned step.
- First, go to the website www.hpsc.gov.in.
- Enter your login credentials i.e. registration number and date of birth.
- Then you can see your admit card on the screen. Check every detail.
- Next, click on the “Download” option.
- Take a printout of the admit card for future correspondence.
If you find any discrepancy while downloading, immediately contact the concerned authorities.
HPSC Exam pattern:
The exam has three categories i.e. the Prelims, Mains and the Personality test. HPSC Prelims has objective type questions that need to be attempted in 2 hours. The mains examination is a descriptive paper. It carries a total 600 marks that are divided into parts/ papers, and the Personality test has 75 marks, but it doesn’t have any specified time duration. If you want to know more please refer to the above mentioned paragraph “HPSC Syllabus” elaborately.
HPSC results will be released after each stage of examination. The result release date will be declared by the authorities on their official portal, and will be made completely on the basis of the candidate’s performance on the examination. Each result filters out the candidates who will go for the next stage of the Examination. The prelims result is generally issued after one month of examination. For the Mains, the result releases approximately three months after the exam completes and the Personality test result or the Final result release date will be declared some days before the result declaration. Hence, you need to visit the official website to get the updated notification or also you can refer to our website as we will give the updates to you as soon as the notifications will be released.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in every stage of the HPSC examination. They should appear on every round of examination i.e. Prelims, Mains and viva-voce or Personal test. Based on their performance the authorities make merit lists after every stage of exam completes. So, if you want to be selected, focus on your preparation according to the Syllabus.
In case any of you have queries and doubts regarding Haryana Public Service Commission you contact the authorities using the below-mentioned details.
Contact number – 0172- 2560755 (Enquiry)
Email ID – email@example.com
Address – Bays 1-10, Block-B, Sector-4, Panchkula- 134112, Haryana
Hope you like this article very much. For any query regarding this article or you want to share your opinion regarding this article with us, you can comment on it in the comment box. We will reply to you shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on HPSC Syllabus
0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The candidates can download the entire syllabus as a pdf format on the official website given above.
The HPSC HCS is quite difficult as it covers a huge amount of topics. It is considered as one of the most difficult examinations in Haryana.
The HPSC HCS exam is conducted by the Haryana Public Commission yearly.
There is no limit of the chest size of female candidates as mentioned by the exam authorities. For Male Candidates, There is proper limit given in the post.