HPSC or Haryana Public Service Commission has released the application form to recruit candidates in various posts of IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Cadre from non-SCS Officers in Haryana. HPSC is a state-level competitive examination conducted by the State Government of Haryana in every year.
The official notice for HPSC 2021 has been released on the official site or web page of Recruiting Board i.e. www.hpsc.gov.in. There are quite a huge number of vacant posts available in different services such as Excise and Taxation officer, Block development officer, Traffic Manager and so on. We have enlisted the vacant posts list below in the article, you can check from there. The examination is initiated mainly in the Chandigarh State.
HPSCONLINE Admit Card, Exam Date 2021
|HPSC Recruitment||HPSC Exam Date|
|HPSC Result||HPSC Answer Key|
|HPSC Admit Card||HPSC Cut off Marks|
|HPSC Syllabus||HPSC Online Form|
The online application has started from the month of June 2021. Those who haven’t applied yet, are advised to apply as soon as possible and proceed toward exam preparation.
In this article, we are going to discuss every detail regarding HPSC 2021 such as important dates, name of vacant posts, the application procedure, exam calendar, admit card, result, selection procedure and much more. If any of you are eager to know all these details, read the full article with patience.
Highlights of HPSC 2021:
|Name of the organization||Haryana Public Service Commission|
|Name of recruiting posts||Various posts|
|Level of the examination||State-level|
|Exam frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Exam pattern||Prelims + Mains + Interview or Personality test|
|languages||English and Hindi|
Important Dates of HPSC 2021 examination:
As we know many of you are eager to download the exam calendar of HPSC 2021 or at least check the calendar. But the authorities of HPSC have not published the Exam calendar yet. It will release on their official website soon. For the sake of applicants, we have provided all the important dates regarding HPSC 2021. Have a look at them.
|1.||Starting date of online application||To be Notified Soon|
|2.||Deadline for submitting online application||To be Notified Soon|
|3.||Admit card issue date||To be Notified Soon|
|4.||Prelims examination date||To be Notified Soon|
|5.||Release date of Prelims Exam result||To be Notified Soon|
|6.||Mains examination date||January 2021|
|7.||Release date of Mains exam result||April 2021|
|8.||Personality test or Viva-voce||June 2021|
|9.||Final result release||July 2021|
NOTE: All the dates and months are tentative.
State government of Haryana is going to recruit candidates in quite a few vacant posts in 2021. Here is a list of those posts with their pay scale and number of seats available:
- Haryana Civil Service (Exec. Branch) – Total number of vacant posts are 30 with a pay scale of Rs.15600/- to Rs.39100/-
- District Food and Supplies Officer – Total number of vacant posts are 3 with a pay scale of Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/-
- Assistant Employment Officer – Total number of vacant posts are 2 with a pay scale of Rs.9300/- to Rs.4600/-
- Excise & Taxation Officer – Total number of vacant post is 1 with a pay scale of Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/-
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer. – Total number of vacant posts are 12 with a pay scale of Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/-
- Asst. Assistant Registrar Co-operative Societies – Total number of vacant post is 1 with a pay scale of Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/-
- Traffic Manager – There are a total number of 3 vacant posts available with a pay scale of Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/-
- Assistant Excise and Taxation Officer – There is only 1 vacant scale post left, with a pay scale of Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/-
- District Food & Supplies Controller – Total number of vacant posts are 3 with a pay scale of Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/-
Required documents for Application:
The documents that are required during filling up the HPSC 2021 application form, are described below. Make sure that you have all the documents to avoid any kind of problem during the application. These documents will be needed at the submission time of application form. The required certificates or documents are:
- Mark sheet of Graduation Degree
- Graduation certificate
- Cast certificate (SC/ST/OBC) if any
- Any Identity proof
- Family income certificate
- Age proof
- Recent colored photograph
Before apply for the HPSC 2021 exam, candidates need to check the eligibility criteria and with the help of that they will come to know whether they are eligible or not. Here are the eligibility criteria for HPSC 2021 Application.
- Nationality: Applicants must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit: To apply for the exam, candidates must be aged between 22 years to 40 years. There is some age relaxation for reserved candidates. They are as follows –
- For OBC A and OBC B Category Candidates – Age relaxation for upper age is 5 years where the highest age allowed is 47 years.
- For SC/ST Category Candidates – Age relaxation for upper age is 5 years where the highest age allowed is 47 years.
- Unmarried Female Candidates – Age relaxation for upper age is 3 years where the highest age allowed is 45 years.
- PH and PWD Candidates of Haryana – Age relaxation for upper age is 10 years where the highest age allowed is 50 years. Candidates belonging to ST/ SC will have age relaxation up to 15 years where the highest age allowed is 55 years.
- Academic requirements: All applicants must have a graduation degree with any stream like Science, Arts, Commerce or Technical from any of the recognized board in India. Those who are in the last year of their graduation degree also can apply.
- Special requirements: For some of the posts there are some special requirements like for the post of DSP, candidates should be aged between 21years to 27 years at the time of application, male candidates should have height of 170.18 cm + Chest expansion of 87.63 cm and female candidates should have a height of 157.50 cm.
All the candidates are instructed to look through the specified eligibility conditions for that particular post for which they are applying. Above we have just mentioned the general criteria for HPSC 2021.
As per the official notification the application fees of HPSC 2021 are as follows:
|Category of applicant||Application fee|
|General category male candidates including the son of Ex-serviceman of Haryana||Rs. 1000/-|
|General category male candidates including all state’s reserved categories||Rs. 1000/-|
|General category female candidates including female dependents of ESM (Haryana).||Rs. 250/-|
|General category female candidates including all state’s reserved categories and for female and male applicants of ESM/BC-B/BC-a/SC categories of only the Haryana state||Rs. 250/-|
|All candidates (Female & Male) of SC/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ ESM categories of Haryana||NIL|
|PWD Candidates with 40% disability||NIL|
Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
The Haryana HPSC exam has been done through three stages i.e. Prelims, Mains and Personality test or interview. Each stage has a different exam pattern and syllabus as well. We are going to discuss them in details.
HPSC Prelims exam:
The prelims examination carries 100 marks. It has two papers – they are General Studies and CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test), and they carry 100 Multiple Choice Questions each. The prelims examination is considered just as a screening exam. The obtained marks will not be counted in the final merit list. Also, know that there will be a negative marking for the each of the wrong answers. For each and every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. The grand total time duration is 4 hours. The time allotted for 1st Paper is 2 hours and 2 hours for 2nd Paper as well. In 2nd paper you need to choose an optional subject from 19 subjects such as Chemistry, Sociology, Zoology, Indian history, Agriculture and so on. You can check the full list from the official portal.
|Papers||Subjects||Full Marks||Allotted Time|
|1st Paper||General Studies||100||2 hours|
|2nd Paper||CSAT||100||2 hours|
- HPSC Mains exam: Mains is the most crucial test in the whole exam process. It has total of five papers which carry a total of 600 marks. The marks obtained in mains will be counted in the final merit list. The number of candidates selected for the Mains exam will be 12 times of the total available vacant posts. Candidates need to choose 2 optional subjects from 23 subjects such as Commerce & Accountancy, Law, psychology and others. You can see the full list from the official portal if you want.
|Papers||Number of questions||Full Marks||Allotted Time|
|1st Papers||English (Essay included)||100||3 hours|
|2nd Paper||Hindi (Essay included)||100||3 hours|
|3rd Paper||General Studies||100||3 hours|
|4th Paper||Optional subject 1||150||3 hours|
|5th Paper||Optional subject 2||150||3 hours|
- Personality test: Those candidates who meet the requirements of mains will be selected for the personality test in the HPSC office premises. The candidates, who will qualify the personality test, will get the offer of vacant seats. The number of candidates, who will be selected for personality test, will be of 3 times more than total available vacant posts. This test carries 75 marks.
Application Procedure of HPSC 2021 Application form:
Applicants can act in accordance with the below-mentioned procedure to apply for the HPSC 2021 Application form:
- Visit the official site that is written above in this article.
- Then on the home page search for the HPSC Application form link and click on the same.
- Just after clicking, the application window will open.
- The next step is to register your-self using your valid Email ID and password.
- Then fill the detailed application form. Try not to make any mistakes.
- Then upload all required documents along with scanned photograph and signature.
- Next, pay the application fee by using debit card or credit card or net banking or demand draft and click on “Submit”.
- The submission of your application will be done successfully. You are advised to note down the Reference number and save it for future correspondence.
HPSC Admit Card:
The Haryana Public Service Commission authorities issue the HPSC Admit card before every stage of examination. It generally releases three weeks before the exam date through online mode. Admit card is the most important document to carry on the exam day. Without this, no one will be allowed to take entry in the examination hall. After releasing the date, all applicants need to download the Admit card which will be available on the website. You can follow the steps mentioned here.
- Login into the official website that is www.hpsc.gov.in.
- Then you need to enter your application number or registration number and date of birth.
- Then click on the “Download Admit Card” option.
- There on the screen you can see your admit card. Check all the details mentioned there.
- If everything is okay, download and take print outs of it. You can take an extra copy for future references.
Things to do if find difficulty in downloading Admit card:
Admit card is the first official communication that reflects every detail of candidate and examination as well. If any candidate finds difficulty to download the HPSC Admit card should immediately contact the concerned authorities as soon as possible. We have mentioned the contact details below in the article for your convenience.
Things to do if forget Login Credentials:
If any candidate forgets the registration number or password, can follow the steps mentioned here to recover them. The steps are:
- Go to the official webpage.
- Then click on “Forget password” link.
- After clicking, you will be derived to the online services page.
- There on the page, you have to click on “Forget Registration Number”.
- You will be directed to the recover registration number page.
- There enter the required details like name, birth date in dd/mm/yy format and others, and then click on “Search”.
- Then after that you can get your recovered login credentials.
HPSC Answer Key:
The Haryana Public Service Commission releases the answer key of HPSC exam after the completion of the HPSC exam to make the examination more transparent. The answer key release date of HPSC 2021 is not yet confirmed. It will be published on their official website in pdf format. Primarily a provisional answer key releases just after the Preliminary examination so that the candidates can raise objections if they have any with appropriate references. Considering those objections the authority issues the final HPSC Exam Answer key.
HPSC Expected Cut-off:
The cut-off marks are decided by the authorities of Public Service Commission, Haryana. In order to make your name in the selection list for the next stage of examination, you need to score the cut-off marks. There is a relaxation for reserved candidates. The cut-off of HPSC 2021 will be released after each stage of the exam. The date is not decided by the Board of authorities. We will notify you just after the notification releases so visit our website frequently to stay updated.
How to check Results:
Haryana PSC authorities release results after every stage of examination i.e. prelims, mains and personality test. The results filter out the qualified candidates to give the next examination. The issue date of HPSC 2021 result will release after the examinations get completed. The results will be available on the website of HPSC (Official website). Candidates can find their results from there using their Registration number and Date of Birth with the help of some following steps –
- At first, you need to visit the official site that is www.hpsc.gov.in.
- Click on result section given in the website to get results.
- After that, you need to search HPSC HCS Result and just click on it.
- Finally, a pdf will appear in front of your screen and you just need to search your roll number in it and thus you will get your result.
The selection of HPSC exams will be done completely on the basis of candidate’s performance on Prelims, Mains and Personality test. The candidate who will qualify the preliminary examination which consists of MCQs/ Objective type questions will be selected for the next exam stage that is Mains Examination. The Mains is of essay type questions.
Who will obtain the Mains examination cut-off marks will be selected for the Personality test. After that finally, those candidates who will perform well in the final stage, i.e. personality test will be selected for the vacant posts. The selection procedure is as clear as this.
In case any if you have queries or confusion related to HPSC you can contact the concerned authorities using the below-mentioned details
Contact number – 0172- 2560755 (Enquiry)
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
Address – Bays 1-10, Block-B, Sector-4, Panchkula- 134112, Haryana
Hope you like this article very much. For any query regarding this article or you want to share your opinion regarding this article with us, you can comment on it in the comment box. We will reply you shortly.
HPSC Online Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
In the prelims examination of HPSC there will be objective type questions or MCQs. In the Mains, there will be essay or descriptive type questions and in interview it will be viva-voce.
The official website of HPSC is www.hpsc.gov.in.
No, there is no need to post the online application form or any type of document/certificate to the officials.
The Mains consists of five subjects i.e. General subjects, English, Hindi and two optional subjects, which need to be chosen from the optional subject list.
The total vacant posts of HPSC 2021 are 55. You can check the paragraph “Recruiting Posts” in the article mentioned above to get a detailed idea about the available posts.